The Queen's Advanced Heart Failure Clinic offers the only heart failure disease management program in the state of Hawaii. Our team based approach brings together different types of specialists to provide comprehensive, personalized care in both the hospital and clinic setting.
We focus on providing easy-to-understand symptom management education to the patient, their families and loved ones.
Our program includes:
- Training for how to care for a patient with heart failure
- Lifestyle and diet recommendations specific to a patient's condition
- Prescription of medication to manage the heart, blood pressure and fluid build-up
- Guidelines for symptom assessment
- Easy access to our clinic and providers
To learn more about Queen's Advanced Heart Failure Clinic, or to schedule an appointment, call 808-691-8900.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Located at Queen's Heart Physician Practice at Physicians Office Building 3 (POB3)
WHAT IS HEART FAILURE?
Heart failure occurs when the heart muscle cannot pump enough blood to meet the body's needs for blood and oxygen. It is a complex, long-term disease, which can be affected by other health conditions or worsen over time.
Diagnoses typically treated in our program are:
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Coronary stent placement or balloon angioplasty
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart valve replacement or repair
- Heart failure
- Heart transplant
- Other cardiac diagnoses
Each patient's condition is unique and requires a reliable team that can tailor the plan of care to match the patient's specific needs.
The Queen's Advanced Heart Failure Clinic collaborates with other Queen's specialists such as internal medicine, cardiac rehabilitation, home health, social work, palliative care, and nutrition services, to ensure our patients' needs are met.